Saturday, October 24, 2020

DAY 19 of #100daysofJesus - Jesus Is a Healer



 DAY 19 of #100daysofJesus

Jesus is a healer.
I enjoy reading about the many detailed accounts in the scriptures of Jesus healing various people. I like to imagine their backstories and how their healing experiences changed their lives.
However, today the scripture that caught my eye is found in Matthew 9:35, which states: "And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, healing every sickness and every disease among the people."
It sounds like we need several additional volumes of scripture with the individual accounts of all the hundreds of additional people who were healed by Jesus during his ministry. I bet we don't even have 1% of it recorded! If Jesus healed only one person per day during a three year ministry, that would be over a THOUSAND individuals healed. I'm sure the number is much greater.
No wonder John famously wrote: "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."
Maybe the reason that the world could not contain all the books is because they continue to be written. Jesus has not ceased to work miracles in our lives!
What most stood out to me about this verse in Matthew was that Jesus healed "every sickness and every disease among the people."
Jesus was not selective about whom He healed or what their ailment was. Every sickness and disease was healed. Now even if Matthew were exaggerating in his description, I think his point is clear. Jesus CAN and is WILLING to heal EVERYONE of ALL their sicknesses. I believe that includes both physical and mental illness.
So what does this mean to you and me?
What are you suffering from? What afflicts you?
Jesus loves you enough to heal you and is powerful enough to do so. I believe this is true with all my heart!
This fills me with hope and gratitude. It's my hope that each of us can find the faith to turn to Jesus and receive the healing we need in our individual lives.
(References: Matthew 9:35, John 21:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment