Monday, December 14, 2020

DAY 69 of #100daysofJesus - My Grace Is Sufficient for Thee

 

DAY 69 of #100daysofJesus
Jesus says: "My grace is sufficient for thee."
Paul shared with the Corinthians that he was struggling with a "thorn in the flesh" that held him back. Paul had "besought the Lord thrice that it might depart from [him]".
Have you ever prayed for a trial to be taken from you? I have.
Paul admits to having prayed multiple times for his trial to be removed. He described this trial as buffetings of the "messenger of Satan," so I imagine it was intense and stretched him to the limit.
How were Paul's prayers answered? Grace and perspective.
The answer to his prayer was "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
Paul learned that Jesus' grace is greater than this thorn in the flesh and that through his weakness Jesus could manifest His strength.
This encouraged Paul who famously said, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in my infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
Our struggles and trials bring us closer to Jesus when we let them. They can create a crucible experience (as I discussed yesterday) that provides the proper atmosphere for us to grow through Jesus' grace. Our challenges can bring us to Jesus and help us become more like Him.
Jesus' hand is always stretched towards us. His offer of grace does not waver.
May we seek Jesus in our darkest moments. May we glory in our trials with the perspective that they are helping us become who we are meant to be. As difficult as it is at the time, may we trust the process and trust Jesus, for when we are weak, then are we strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:5-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment