Friday, December 25, 2020

DAY 80 of #100daysofJesus - I Know that My Redeemer Lives

DAY 80 of #100daysofJesus
As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ by celebrating Christmas today, let us remember that the birth of the babe in a manger would have meant little without His selfless sacrifice in Gethsemane and Golgotha and His rising from the tomb the third day.
The stories we recount of the baby in Judea, shepherds, angels, wise men, and a new star are not a fable. The events described in Luke 2 and Matthew 2 actually occurred and were recorded in scripture to bring us the same glad tidings of great joy that the angels brought the shepherds. However, if our focus remains on these stories and we stop there, we are missing the point.
Even more important than Jesus' miraculous birth and necessary martyrdom, is that He lives for you and me today. Jesus is our light in a dark world. His grace is available to sustain us from day to day. He offers healing and forgiveness. He loves us and He's there for us.
Today I want to share another song - one of my favorites - that speaks to this message: I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment