Saturday, November 21, 2020

DAY 47 of #100daysofJesus - Give Thanks


 DAY 47 of #100daysofJesus

Jesus gave thanks. And so should we.
Jesus is the perfect example of gratitude, and several instances of his expressing thanks to God are recorded in the scriptures.
Before raising Lazarus from the dead, Jesus prayed, "Father, I thank thee that thou has heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always."
During the Last Supper as Jesus gave the bread and wine to His apostles, "he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them."
Before miraculously feeding the 5,000, "Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples..."
As Jesus taught the people, He expressed gratitude for the masterful ability to teach he had been blessed with, saying, "I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because thou has hid these things from the wise and prudent, and has revealed them unto babes."
In 1831 Jesus commanded the Church through his prophet to do "all things with prayer and thanksgiving."
Yesterday, Russell M Nelson gave us a prophetic prescription to help us with the spiritual healing we all need:
"Over my nine and a half decades of life, I have concluded that counting our blessings is far better than recounting our problems. No matter our situation, showing gratitude for our privileges is a fast-acting and long-lasting spiritual prescription."
I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for my Savior, Jesus Christ. They mean everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment