Friday, November 27, 2020

DAY 53 of #100daysofJesus - Enos' Prayer


DAY 53 of #100daysofJesus
I love the story of Enos in the Book of Mormon.
Enos went into the forest to hunt, but it seems his real intention was to reflect and to pray. He had something on his mind, and he wanted to be close to God. Where better to go than into nature? Here's how he described it:
"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens."
He also described this moment as a "wrestle before God." We find out that this wrestle was over his sins. He was painfully aware of his imperfections, weaknesses, and sins, and he needed help. He needed redemption.
Can you relate? I sure can.
Have you ever poured out your soul to God in prayer asking for mercy and grace through Jesus Christ? I sure have.
That was the type of prayer that Enos offered in the woods.
What happened next was a miracle. In Enos' words:
"And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed...because of they faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen...thy faith hath made thee whole."
The Master Healer had once again healed the heart of a broken man. Enos first reached out in humble but mighty prayer. His faith was rewarded with the sacred miracle he sought.
Why is this account recorded in the Book of Mormon if not to teach us that Jesus is able and willing to also heal OUR hearts and OUR souls?
How could we believe that Jesus would heal Enos more than 2,000 years ago but not you or me today?
As I've said many times in past posts, it is Jesus' great pleasure to heal, to redeem, and to save us. He wants to help us. This was and still is His mission and sacred privilege.
It doesn't matter what your personal "wrestle before God" is, if you turn to Him in mighty prayer, you can be healed. He wants to heal. I #givethanks for this truth every single day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment