Thursday, November 26, 2020

DAY 52 of #100daysofJesus - Do His Will to Know


 DAY 52 of #100daysofJesus

During Sukkot (or the Feast of Tabernacles), Jesus went into the temple to teach. The temple would have been filled with Israelites during this time of year as they made their customary pilgrimage to be taught within the temple walls. Sukkot was a time of celebration at the completion of the harvest and has sometimes been (loosely) compared to modern day Thanksgiving.
As Jesus began to teach, the Jews "marveled" that an unlearned man could teach so powerfully from the scriptures. Some began to ask among themselves whether this was the Messiah while others became angry. In this occasion Jesus declared his divinity:
"My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me... Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me."
While teaching in the temple, Jesus shared this gem of doctrine: "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."
Men and women all over the world for two millennia have asked themselves these questions: Is Jesus' doctrine true? Was He really the Son of God? How can I know the truth?
The way to learn the truth is clear: to know the truthfulness doctrine, one must be willing to give it a try. To know the truthfulness of Christianity, one must live as a Christian, for only then can he or she truly enjoy the fruit of Christian discipleship and discover for oneself its truthfulness.
This applies to principles such as tithing, fasting, missionary work, temple worship, family history and genealogy, scripture study, etc.
If you want to know whether its worthwhile to live the law of tithing, giving 10% of your your income to God for the benefit of His kingdom, try it out! Once you give and realize the blessings that come, you won't want to go back. You'll learn and gain your own witness of that doctrine.
Rinse and repeat with all areas of Jesus' gospel!
Interestingly, this pattern is so consistent with how the Lord works in all things. He requires faith before miracles and blessings. If you're looking for miracles or specific blessings in your life, you must first take the necessary steps of faith.
If you want to know, first do. Trust Jesus.
(John 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment